Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Tender Kiss

When I was young, The kiss was a hiss,
Now with a daughter, it sounds a bliss.

I come home and bend down to her and say, "Mama Kissie dedo". With much ado, she obliges me. But I am not satiated, its like tasting good food, salivates you for more. I pick her in my arms and she sits on my tummy facing me, teasing me by trying to get away, and I tease her by pulling her closer.

"Give me one on this cheek..."
One little smack it goes.
"And this one..." I forward the other cheek.
She is too clever, she knows Mama will keep shunting between her cheeks. Gives a naughty smile and with a twinkle in her eyes, does "tsk...tsk... tsk..." All in the air.

"Acha, Kissie on my nosy" Pluck...
I close my eyes, " Kissie on this eye..... And this one.... And this ear.... And this...."
Once I am done with all the parts she knows including all the fingers and thumbs, one by one, we come to our most precious one, the GOODLUCK KISSIE.

SMACK ON MY FOREHEAD!

1 comment:

  1. Wow...i can relate to that experience, esp that one kiss from your baby is just never enough, you keep wanting more, and when they are younger, they stay with you, but as they get older, they dont like the cuddling so much. And its hard to back down, hard to restrain yourself. Anyway, im enjoying my daughter while i can!!

    ReplyDelete